Applications for the Creative Koori Digital Initiative opens from 28 April 2020 and closes at 5pm AEST, 19 May 2020.
The Creative Koori Digital Initiative supports the creation, development and presentation of creative practice and programming online and through virtual means. It is only open to NSW Aboriginal arts and cultural organisations.
NSW Aboriginal arts and cultural organisations can apply for between $500 and $10,000 for projects resulting in digital programming outcomes and digital and online skills development.
Applicants will be notified of the outcome of grant assessments no later than the week -commencing 1 June 2020.
Create NSW’s new Creative Koori Digital Initiative has been developed in response to public health orders relating to COVID-19. It responds to the need of NSW Aboriginal arts and cultural organisations to continue to create and present artistic and cultural practice, and to engage with audiences and communities.
The Creative Koori Digital Initiative can support organisations to develop/produce/curate/present the following (non-exhaustive) range of activities:
- Creating work for the online engagement of audiences and communities
- Podcast development and programming
- Videocast development and programming
- Online workshops and tutorials
- Digital publishing/publications/creative discourse
- Virtual maker space/studio visit program
- Virtual exhibitions/performances/screenings/concert series
- Virtual tours of exhibitions and collections
- Employment of a digital specialist
- Digital production skills development
- Website interactivity or capacity development
- Purchase or upgrade of computer hardware and/or software