'Nellican' An Exhibition exploring the Heritage of Nelligen Village
27th September to 21st December 10:00 am - 03:21 pm
Imagine the quiet village of Nelligen as a roaring bustling beehive of a port …. come and explore its heritage.
- Contact Name: Myf Thompson
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Number: 0244 721635
- Venue Name: Old Courthouse Museum
- Venue Address: 3 Museum Place Batemans Bay
- Venue Number: 02 44721635
- Web page: http://www.oldcourthousemuseum.com
- Social media page: https://www.facebook.com/Whereyourstorieslive/
Cobargo Creators - Looks Good on Paper
1st December to 22nd December 07:00 pm - 04:00 pm
Cobargo Creators’ final exhibition for 2017 is “Looks Good n Paper” featuring works by Quaama artist Alicia Cowin. The exhibition opens during the Light Up Cobargo celebrations and features desirable objects made from and embellished with old and un-needed papers.
Alicia grew up in the Bega Valley, returning recently after spending her late teens and most of her 20s in Lismore and Canberra. Coming “home”, her creativity bloomed with new media being explored.
Join Alicia for refreshments and entertainment from 7pm on 1 December 2017. Looks Good on Paper continues until 4pm 22 December in Black Wattle Gallery, the space for beautiful things in The Cobargo Creators Centre, 60 Princes Highway, Cobargo
- Contact Name: Marilyn Banfield
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Venue Name: The Cobargo Creators Centre
- Venue Address: 60 Princes Highway, Cobargo
1st December to 23rd December 05:00 pm - 04:00 pm
Gifted is our annual CASH & CARRY extravaganza from The Bega Valley Potters and Imlay Crafts.
Made by hand ,given from the heart.
2nd December to 2nd January 06:00 pm - 12:00 am
Jordan’s work is bold, powerful and evocative, filled with colour and life with each piece telling a story of living in contemporary Australia with strong traditional ties to the land, building a bridge between cultures.
- Contact Name: Megan Small
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Number: +61449162025
- Venue Name: Downward Dog Co. Cafe
- Venue Address: 81 Princes HWY BODALLA
- Venue Number: +61449162025
1st December to 17th January 12:00 am - 12:00 am
Spiral Gallery’s Summer Exhibition
The Justene Williams - The Curtain Breathed Deeply
1st December to 17th February 06:00 pm - 12:00 pm
The Curtain Breathed Deeply presents an immersive collection of video and sculptural work by artist Justene Williams. Her largest and most ambitious undertaking to date, Williams uses found objects and waste materials to create dazzling theatrical environments, seducing visitors through a variety of hypnotizing sets and ‘performative’ video installations.
- Contact Name: Iain Dawson
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Number: 6499 2222
- Venue Name: Bega Valley Regional Gallery
- Venue Address: Zingle Place, BEGA, NSW
- Web page: https://gallery.begavalley.nsw.gov.au/cp_themes/default/page.asp?p=DOC-ELQ-40-34-05
- Social media page: http://facebook.com/begavalleyregionalgallery
Year of the Dog Open Art Prize
16th February to 14th March 10:00 am - 04:00 pm
Artists respond to the theme of the Year of the Dog. This is an Open Art Prize exhibition, open to any members of the community plus artists working in any medium, as long as it relates to a dog. A maximum of two entries per artist with a $30 fee per work. Entries must be lodged by 5pm on Friday 8th December 2017 to be eligible for selection. Great prizes to be won. Entry forms available NOW from Spiral Gallery & at www.spiralgallery.org.au
Etched in Stone
11th December to 2nd December 12:00 am - 12:00 am
Eden Killer Whale Museum’s exhibition Etched in Stone provides a local perspective on the stories behind the names of the First World War servicemen who are commemorated on Eden’s Cenotaph.
While memorials honour the names of service personnel, space prevents individual stories being told. The Fallen have always been given a special place in history, but what of the men who returned home physically and emotionally changed forever? Etched in Stone tries to understand the experience of some of Eden’s 122 First World War servicemen – the courageous and the deserters, the young and the old, the loss or survival of brothers, those who went on to serve in the Second World War and those who never made it out of Australia the first time around.
- Contact Name: Jody White
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Number: 0264962094
- Venue Name: Eden Killer Whale Museum
- Venue Address: 184 Imlay Street, Eden NSW 2551
- Venue Number: (02) 6496 2094
- Web page: http://www.killerwhalemuseum.com.au
- Social media page: http://www.facebook.com/Eden Killer Whale Museum